Sunday, February 21, 2010

Where's the blog?

Okay so I continue to slack on this blog I realize this. However I've been shaping up a special set for my Show at Awkward Stage on the 27th. This is my first solo show in awhile and it's not what you would come to expect of a four star daydream set.

Needless to say some new music for your eyes while I wrap up on some lyrics to a new song that will be posted soon. Two great garage rock songs from the '60's have entered my life and filled a mysterious void. One song that I'm in love with is "What am I gonna do" by the Dovers. I loved it when I thought it was an Atlas Sound song. To find out it's really a great song before Bradford Cox sampled it.

Another song that has come to my attention is The Creation's "If I stay too long" This song was first brought to my attention on my friend Doug's facebook wall. I listened to it, like it, but sort of forgot about it. It was quickly brought back to my attention when Doug slagged my love songs of the 60's blog. Which is fair. After downloading the song and playing it again, I really loved it. It's like The Animals, and The Troggs but cooler.

love love love love.

Here's the songs ------> songs!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matt, I checked out those songs and I like 'em a lot! Especially the Creations one. I've been listening to them on loop for a bit now. Glad to see you are trying to keep up with updating on a regular basis :)

    I am passing along your music recommendations to my boyfriend, he's really into good music but is needing more recommendations lately. He's into a lot of the stuff you are, Beatles, Beach Boys, Built to Spill, Simon & Garfunkel etc. (as am I.)

    ReplyDelete